A simple and bright flashlight app for phones
We have all been in a position where a flashlight would have been helpful but not a single one was anywhere to be found. The Flashlight app solves this problem by turning any Android device is into a source of light.
While Flashlight may seem like a simple lighting app, there is actually much more to it. Besides just using the app to provide a single strobe of light as needed, you may utilize the intermittent mode to create a flashing light. This intermittent mode turns your device into a safety device when it used for things like a bicycle light. When you download and use this app, you can feel more comfortable in potentially dangerous situations, such as riding a bicycle at night.
As an added bonus, the Flashlight allows you to choose the intensity of the light that emitted from your device. Are you looking for your keys under the sofa? Then you should use the highest intensity setting in order to illuminate as much of the area as possible. Are you using your device as a book light while your spouse is sleeping beside in the bed? Then use the lower intensity setting so that you can read your book while avoiding disturbing his or her sleep.
There have been reports of Flashlight not working properly on certain brands of Android devices, so that may be something for you to consider. Overall, however, it is an extremely convenient way for Android users to shed some light on any situation.
- Normal mode provides one steady beam of light.
- Intermittent mode provides a flashing light of different speeds.
- Intensity level of light may be adjusted
- Some users have reported issues when trying to operate the app on their particular devices.
- Optimized user experience.
- We bring updates regularly to make the app better for you.
Potentially dangerous permissions
- CAMERA: Required to be able to access the camera device.
- READ_PHONE_STATE: Allows read only access to phone state, including the phone number of the device, current cellular network information, the status of any ongoing calls, and a list of any PhoneAccounts registered on the device.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Allows applications to access information about networks.
- INTERNET: Allows applications to open network sockets.
- KILL_BACKGROUND_PROCESSES: Allows an application to call killBackgroundProcesses(String).
- WAKE_LOCK: Allows using PowerManager WakeLocks to keep processor from sleeping or screen from dimming.